Tuesday, November 27

Current's views of a bridges belly


We will never be the same she said, tears welling up.And I thought she must really think of me as a good friend..Fronting a bottle of my favorite perfume tucked in a red ribbon she climbed on my bike for what was going to be the last time. " Why would things ever change ?" said I, nonchalant as ever. We rode through the buzzing Bombay streets, unaware of the drone, the drone that most of us had gotten used to and unconsciously tuned out.
I got her mail 5 months back. Said she was getting married and she likes the guy her folks found for her. Yet she went on an on about all the times we had shared. She was my friends girlfriend once. We had gone out on several double dates. Even when our relationships ended we would meet once in a couple of months , over a late night chai or to exchange some notes. Today I got her wedding pictures. And the only thought that came to my mind was "I should have married her ... atleast asked her out"
All the times you called me to meet and I made silly excuses, all those time you called out of the blue, all the times we chatted about everything under the sun and yet you held something back.... I'm sorry!

little did I know
that you were all I needed

little did I see

until you opened up my eyes

little did I know
that one prayer could reach you
little did I know that you even cared

For dreams , times and what might have been...
Little did know little did I


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.